Thursday, July 28, 2011

Periodical Inspiration

Anyone who knows me knows I am obsessed with my fashion mags. I read them all. I have subscriptions to most, but usually I end up buying them at the newsstand when I haven't gotten mine within at least two days of them appearing at the local Barnes & Noble.

Photo from Elle magazine
When I read a fantastic article in this month's Elle, I was floored. Talk about right message, right time. Rachel Rosenblit's amazing article on Gabrielle Bernstein was fascinating. Bernstein IS the fashion girl's life GURU. Her message really isn't anything new, but it somehow holds water:

"'Our intentions create our reality.'"

"'If your experiences of things being happy and abundant has everything to do with what's going on outside-because the guy called, you got the job, whatever-like I said, you will all be fucked.'"

Amazing. A must read: Soul Provider by Rachel Rosenblit

Even a fashion girl takes the hint when she's being smacked over the head with it. Thanks Elle magazine!

No comments: